REQUIREMENTS TO SIT THE 10-DAY COURSE
The 10-day courses are opened to everyone who registers for sitting.
For applicants serving in a 10-day courses, please note Dhamma Service standards in Code of Conduct for Dhamma Servers as below:
- Students who have successfully completed a ten-day Vipassana course with Goenkaji or one of his assistant teachers,
- Students who have not practiced any other meditation technique since their last Vipassana course, may give Dhamma service. Servers are also encouraged to be trying to maintain their daily practice at home.
REQUIREMENTS TO SIT THE SATIPAṬṬHĀNA COURSE
Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta Courses have the same timetable and discipline as 10-day courses. The difference is that in the taped evening discourses the Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta is carefully examined. This is the principal text in which the technique of Vipassana is systematically explained. These courses are open to serious old students who satisfy the following requirements:
- Have sat (not including courses served) at least 3 (three) 10-Day courses with Goenkaji or one of his assistant teachers.
- Practicing this technique for at least one year.
- Not practice any other meditation techniques since last 10-day course.
- Trying to maintain daily practice (1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the evening) at the very minimum from the time of applying to course.
- Trying to maintain five precepts at the very minimum from the time of applying to the course.
REQUIREMENTS TO SIT THE 20-DAY COURSE
- Have sat (not including courses served) at least 5 (five) 10-Day courses and 1 (one) Satipaṭṭhāna course with Goenkaji or one of his assistant teachers.
- Have served at least 1 full 10-day course (Monks & Nuns are exempted).
- Practicing this technique for at least two years.
- Have not practiced any other techniques for two years.
- Trying to maintain daily practice (1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the evening) for at least 2 years.
- Trying to maintain five precepts in daily life.
For applicants serving in 20-day courses or longer ones, the minimum requirements are the same as those applied for students sitting in these courses (pls see the above list of requirements).
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt